Thank you for considering Boardwalk OBGYN as your preferred practice for all your women's health needs. We strive to ensure that our patients receive the best healthcare experience and in order to achieve this, we ask that you please review our new patient appointment information below.
Upon scheduling an appointment, please be sure to review our scheduling policy:
1. Provide a valid email address, date of birth, home address (no PO Boxes), phone numbers and complete insurance information, such as Insurance company, Member ID and INSURED PERSONS NAME ARE REQUIRED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. The insurance information can be found on your insurance card, which you should bring to your first appointment along with a valid ID for the PATIENT. This enables us to verify insurance benefits prior to your visit and send out pertinent information to you if needed. PLEASE BE ADVISED YOUR APPOINTMENT IS NOT SCHEDULED UNTIL ALL INFORMATION NEEDED IS RECEIVED AND YOU RECEIVE A CALL FROM OUR SCHEDULING STAFF. THE STAFF MEMBER WILL EITHER OFFER THE APPOINTMENT TIME YOU REQUESTED OR OFFER A TIME AND DAY WE HAVE AVAILABLE. YOUR APPOINTMENT IS THEN SCHEDULED.
2. We utilize a service WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO CONFIRM, RESCHEDULE OR CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT. This is done via a PRERECORDED PHONE MESSAGE. All patients must confirm their appointments 3 days (72 hours) prior to the appointment time. If not confirmed via this method the appointment will be canceled and you must reschedule. However, if you confirm the appointment and fail to come, there will be a $25 charge. Remember, there are other patients waiting for appointments and the providers have blocked out time for your appointment. Please do not keep another patient from an appointment by not canceling. Everyone’s time is valuable. If you do need to reschedule, please contact us 24 hours prior to your appointment. If an unforeseen event occurs within this time, please contact us as soon as possible.
3. The patient will receive an email from our office TWO DAYS prior to their appointment with a link to complete the online registration and express check via the new Phreesia website. Since this can be a lengthy process, we require that you complete it prior to your visit. If this is not completed before the visit, your appointment WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
4. We cannot confirm a pregnancy prior to 8 weeks. If you schedule an obstetrical appointment prior to 8 weeks, your insurance may charge you an extra copay/deductible for the visit, depending on your policy with them. Visits prior to 8 weeks’ gestation are outside of the OB global period, excluding ultrasounds and labs. Lab work is not billed by our office but through Quest.
5. If a patient is more than 16 weeks into her pregnancy when requesting OB care with our practice, we require their medical records be reviewed by the provider (Dr.) BEFORE scheduling an appointment. If we do not receive the records, you will not be scheduled. You will be contacted after review for scheduling.
6. For those patients being seen for conception or procreative counseling be advised that many insurance companies deem this elective and may not cover the charges. Therefore, we collect a flat fee of $150.00 at the time of the visit, which will be returned to the patient when their insurance pays for these charges.